Resolving Strata Disputes Will Be Simpler
The Strata Title Act Reform WA 2016 will simplify the process undertaken during resolution disputes. Currently the Act allows for disputes to be heard in one of four forums and this causes confusion for owners.
Reformed Strata Dispute Process
The reforms will allow:
- The State Administrative Tribunal (SAT) to become solely responsible for dispute resolution
- SAT the power to not only resolve disputes, but to also streamline procedures in doing so
- SAT to impose penalties of up to $75,000 in disputes
- SAT to amend by-laws and resolutions on their own
- SAT to hear disputes between strata managers and strata companies
Video Overview Of Changes
More Authority For SAT
The reform will also give SAT more authority over strata managers. They will be able to terminate their contracts, identify it they have breached the law and order them to pay compensation if they have financially disadvantaged a strata company. SAT will also be able to resolve disputes within Community Title Schemes and Leasehold Title Schemes.
Our surveyors are highly experienced in strata and can help you navigate through your development or current issues. Please contact us.
You may also be interested in:
- Staged Strata Development Reforms
- Community Title Schemes
- Leasehold Strata Schemes
- Improved Strata Management
- Better Strata Buyer Information
- Terminating Strata Reform
- Strata Basics